Ribs and Burgers

It was the start to the Easter long weekend and we decided to kick it off with some dinner... the suggestion for Ribs and Burgers at Rhodes popped up.. and in agreement, there we met...



As I stood in line staring at the menu, something inside me clicked and I asked whether this is the same as the one in The Star. My friends acknowledged that it was and I let out a loud groan and explained that my past two experiences there have been less than average. I mean the service there is decent and friendly BUT both times I had dry burgers and mediocre chips to pair. My heart sank a little as I stepped up to place my order...


I initially ordered the Slider Duo but changed it almost immediately when I remembered both my previous experiences was a dull beef burger and dry chicken burger... of which I believe the Duo comprises.. I ended opting for something out of my ordinary...The Veggie Patch - field mushroom, Spanish onion, dill pickles, crispy onion rings, topped with pink and BBQ sauce. To my surprise this was pretty fantastic... all the elements of the burger paired well.. it wasn't dry and I was left wondering maybe I can become a vegetarian.... My biggest gripe with the place is my burger came in at a whopping $16 with no side of fries....


My friend ordered The Original - Beef mince patty, basted and served on a sesame bun with iceberg lettuce, tomato, Spanish onion, dill pickles and their pink and BBQ sauce. He assured me it was pretty good.... which made me wonder how much the burgers varied joint to joint...


My wife had the Pork Baby Back ribs. The ribs weren't as great or as large as what you'd get at Ribs and Rump or Hurricanes... To be honest, for the extra few dollars... I'd go to Hurricanes to get my ribs fix... There just wasn't enough sauce and the meat didn't fall off the bone as clean...


One of my other friends ordered the Wagyu Burger - Premium Wagyu beef mince, baby cos, tomato, Spanish onion, dill pickles, crispy onion rings, topped with pink and BBQ sauce. He didn't say much during the meal so I'd have to assume he enjoyed the burger somewhat... silence is always a good indicator of a delicious meal....


For the sides I got some Onion rings... commonly associated with being moreish... they come out looking so tempting and deliciously oily... but then as you're powering through mid-bowl you realise your heart feels somewhat clogged and there's no nutritional value in this bowl at all...


The chips can really make or break a meal and in this case.. not the best chips I've had but nothing much to complain about it... it was edible enough that the wife and I finished the serving...


On busy nights... expect food delays... we got all our burgers but the chips and onion rings came out so late that most of us had already polished off the burger...

For me, this place would definitely not cut it either as a burger or rib place to recommend to friends... but it has left me curious to possibly pay a revisit just to try their other vegetarian options...


Ribs & Burgers on Urbanspoon

Ribs & Burgers on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

 

About

I suddenly feel the tides turning. A yearn for something better in my life. I'm hoping for big changes in my career, maybe the touch of my first born and the ongoing rollercoaster of my marriage.

It feels important enough to dedicate a few minutes of my days to etch out how it is through my eyes... just so one day I can flick through and reminisce

Passions

Likes - Burgers | Tennis | Chilli Sauce | Travelling | Singing | Photography | Underground Bars | Gumtree | Family Guy | Table Tennis | Weird Snacks | Bowling | Smell of Fresh Bread | Board Games | Vintage Signs | Poker | Ebay | RnB | Stand Up | Travelling | Hard Liquor

Collects - New Era Caps | G-Shocks | Vans | Onitsuka Tigers | Converse | Shot Glasses | Ray-Bans

Travelled - Philippines | Bangkok | Phuket | Singapore | Bali | Hong Kong | Macau | Hisai | LA | New York | Oregon | Paris | London | Barcelona | Rome | Florence | Vancouver | Seattle | Victoria | Queensland | Tasmania

Dislikes - Bitter Melon | Traffic Jams | Rain | Bad Beats | Going with the Flow | Australia Post | Invicta | Scary Movies | Rollercoasters | Heights

Meet The Author

I've spent my whole life being the son my parents wanted me to be. I studied hard, went through the different levels of the school system and then I'm now 30. I married a beautiful girl, trying to pay off a mortgage, and have a bucket list of things I want to do which don't involve work.

I've always had a passion for blogging, photography, food, collecting aka organised hoarding and music and I can't think of any better moment to start documenting it...

My Videos @ https://vimeo.com/user34622152/videos